Monday, June 24, 2013

30 Day Raw Food Challenge (Part 5)

Hi Folks....we are ALMOST FINISHED with this challenge (8 more days to go).  I'm having mixed emotions.  On one hand I'm impressed with how I've been handling the challenge (sticking to the regimen VERY well) and on the other I'M READY TO EAT COOKED FOOD! This last week has been emotionally and mentally tough.

The cloud of irritation I posted about last week (Raw Food Land...Not a Happy Place To Be!) lifted this past weekend and although my desire for cooked food has dwindled, I gained more determination to finish this challenge.  I went out to eat with family this past weekend, and was tempted by the piping hot, crispy French fries that were ordered.  Hmmm mmmm! I've had a long standing relationship with French fries....(love them!!).  But I did NOT cave.  The NBA finals brought pizza to my kitchen table. But I did NOT consume any.  The memory of being refreshed by a creamy, cold Oreo cookie Blizzard from Dairy Queen tickled my senses on a steamy humid June evening.  But I did NOT indulge! Last week was tough...but going through that fire is keeping me on track for this last lap.

Along with all the detoxing and cleansing this challenge has rendered (mind, body and spirit) I'm really pleased at how I have been able to train for my duathalon with no performance issues.  I'm physically stronger and have been making progress in biking and running.  I rode 10 miles today (first time on a bike in over 10 years!!) then went on a brick run for 1 mile, lifted weights after that and ate a HUGE salad filled with greens, nuts, seeds and other veggies.

Due to the sour attitude I had  last week, I did not keep a good picture diary of what I've been eating (I was NOT in the mood). But I'll share with you what I did capture.

Day #17 - I honestly don't remember what I ate on this day......all I know is that I was exhausted and went to sleep before 9:30pm.

Day #18 - Breakfast tahini yogurt with blueberries and lunch was chickpea pilaf. Dinner was celery soup. Again...I was exhausted...so I was in bed before 10pm.


Breakfast for Day #18 - Tahini Yogurt (lemon juice, hemp seeds, chia seeds, blueberries, almonds, pumpkin seeds)

Lunch for Day #18 - Chick pea pilaf (onions, garlic, cilantro, tomato and avocado, other spices, lemon juice)

Day #19 - I was not really able to stick to the planned menu but I kept it raw (ALL DAY LONG).  Had a smoothie for breakfast, a huge salad for lunch and don't remember what my dinner was.  I also began to bulk up on nuts and protein shakes (made with seeds, nuts,  coconuts and cocoa). One of my co-workers had a canister full of raw almonds.  I ate 90% of the container......Plus with my training, I needed more calories. 

Day #20 - Kale salad was the special of the day. Quite yummy (I added pumpkin seeds and cranberries for more calories)! It contained kale, dandelion greens, spinach, vinegar, olive oil, cumin, coriander, and salt.

Day #21 - This day was tough from a time management perspective.  Again....I wasn't able to stick to the planned menu but I had a great fruit salad for breakfast drank banana cocoa smoothies for lunch and snacks. Now I did indulge on a Chitpotle salad on the go......it was great! And MOSTLY raw...I added black beans (oooops!!!!!!)

Breakfast for Day #21 - (papaya, pineapple, watermelon, strawberries, peach,  hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, orange juice)

Day #22 -  Smoothies were for breakfast and I made some sushi wraps for lunch.  Dinner was watermelon, cherries and water.


All the fixings: Nut pate (almonds, lemon, garlic, ginger, broccoli), carrots, lettuce, avocado, peaches, cilantro

Finished product!

Whew!

Overall -- a decent week.  8 more days to go! But what am I going to do then?  I don't want to put the toxins back in.....but I'm ready for something more! Oxtails? Mac and cheese?  Oreo cookie Blizzard?????   I have to work out a plan for the next steps. 

Any advice?

Peace and blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!