Tuesday, June 11, 2013

30 Day Raw Food Challenge! (Part 3)

I'm still living in Raw Food Land and things are progressing nicely. Emotions, thoughts and physical symptoms have ranged from being really hungry to extremely satisfied. Or totally exhausted to having enough energy to potentially run a 10K.   I've had cravings for fried chicken and candy bars and then felt absolutely no desire to eat any junk at all.  Today wasn't as bad as I anticipated.  There was no solid food on the menu....only juice and smoothies.

The breakdown for Day #10:
Breakfast: Grapefruit/Watermelon juice
Lunch: Grapefruit/Watermelon juice
Dinner: OJ banana raspberry smoothie

Before I tell you about how today ended, let me give you an update on the last five days: 

Day #6 - We ate lettuce wrap tacos that were pretty satisfying for lunch.  I felt no adverse symptoms and had a ton of ENERGY.

Day #7 - Pretty quiet day.  Felt really tired, but ate well and had no cravings. Lunch was an Asian inspired slaw (see pic below).

Lunch for Day #7 - Asian cole slaw (cabbage, carrots, ginger, garlic, cilantro, corn, green onions, Braggs liquid amino, lemon juice)

Dinner on Day #7 - Melon mint smoothie (cantaloupe, mint, banana, papaya, nectarine)

Day #8 - I went out to eat with friends and maintained the integrity of the challenge (Eating Out While Raw).  BIG pat on the back!! But later that night before bed I caught an enormous case of the munchies! I was getting ready to tear open and consume any bag of chips I could find (in 5 seconds or less).  Sanity stepped in at the last moment and I resorted to eating watermelon! The mind is a POWERFUL thing!

Day # 9 - Green Juice was my breakfast and all I wanted to do was chew on something! I had a great lunch and ate a peach and banana for snack.  Work was a walk on the wild side and I had visions of Snicker bars dancing across my desk! I opted for the Sunshine salad instead (pictured below) and drank a whole heap of swamp style water (blackberries, lemons and mint). That evening I had a bowl of air popped corn (is that cheating?????????)
 

Breakfast for Day #9 - Green juice (kale, pears, apples, lemons, cabbage, lettuce)

Lunch for Day #9 - Sunshine salad (tomatoes, rosemary, thyme, oregano, cilantro, dill, garlic, onions, cranberries, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, dressed with lemon juice and salt)

Dinner for Day #9 - blended salad (aka gazpacho)
Day #10 - Today was  NOT as bad as I expected.  I actually brought fruit with me to supplement my huger pangs (a peach and blueberries) but I didn't need to eat them.  Surprisingly the juice and water kept me full today at work.  I had a carob shake on stand by to help curb the cravings for Snicker bars I had yesterday.  I actually drank all of the carob shake....it was absolutely DI-VINE!

Lunch and snacks for Day #10 - water w/blueberries, grapefruit watermelon juice, carob shake, peach (which I didn't eat)

Up close and personal with the carob shake............hmm mmmm GOOD!

 
The last 10 days of this challenge have been trying but encouraging.  Aside from the first week (30 Day Raw Food CHALLENGE! (Part 2), I've been feeling really good.  I've kept my duathlon engines revved up and have been running and working out.  I have not buckled and left the gym or track with an incomplete workout.  On Sunday I was void of  knee pain for 85% of my workout.  Awesome!! I see some progress being made and I'm happy!
 
Tomorrow is going to challenge me mentally and emotionally because it is a WATER FAST! Yep...you heard right.  I didn't know fasting was a part of this challenge..........SURPRISE!
I have never lasted through any fast for the allotted period of time prescribed.  I've always cut it short.  Well folks, tomorrow is the day I will PUSH THROUGH.  Nothing but water (with lemon). 
 
If I can make it through this, I will be one step closer to a higher level of peace, tranquility, self control, and strength.  I will be better equipped to handle all the other issues in my life that I've been struggling with. It's called: GROWTH! And I am excited for what is to come!!!
 
Pray church!!!
 
Peace and blessings!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!