Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Health Journey - Theraputic Behavior

Whew! I need some type of therapy! This week has started with a bang.  I need something to help me stay focused.  I'm thinking that a real good massage would do the trick, help me relax and put my nerves at ease. Time to break out the lavender oil (11 Natural Ways to Eliminate Stress).  What is therapy really good for though?

When something is considered therapeutic it carries a benefit for the person partaking in the act.  It's helpful for your body and/or mind in some way shape or form.  Hydrotherapy is used when you have sprained muscles or a cold or to relax relate and release (Calgon! Take me away!).  Counseling is a form of therapy for a troubled mind.  A good belly aching laugh is therapy for a frustrated spirit or a heavy heart.  And one of my favorites (have mercy!) is retail therapy....there is aroma therapy and massage therapy and a host of others.

Mud run therapy!
Therapy can relieve pressure, stress, pain (of all kinds) and helps the mind and body come into a balanced peaceful state.  Therapy provides relief for whatever may be ailing you. Just as a particular therapy can help our personal beings...We can act as a type of therapy for others by exhibiting certain behaviors.  How can I provide relief to my neighbor? My husband? My children?  What behaviors do I need to display so that I am beacon of  light to a  heavy heart? Or a ray of sunshine for a cloudy situation?

Here is a suggestion: "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths but only what is helpful for building others up ACCORDING TO THEIR NEEDS (not yours!!).  Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, slander and every form of malice.  Be kind and compassionate to each other.  Forgiving each other as Christ forgave you." Ephesians 4:29-31

Today think of other ways to exhibit therapeutic behavior to ALL those you cross paths with.  Not some or the just the people you like or the people that like you.  Challenge your self to overcome those barriers and make someone else's day free of pressure, stress and pain.  Choose to relieve someone of his or her ailments. 

This challenge can only result in success (for you and the person you are led to bless).

How can you help make someone's day brighter, more safe, and full of love?

Peace, love and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!