Monday, April 22, 2013

Creamy Green Smoothie


Hi Folks -
I’ve decided to join the “Drink Your Greens” challenge spearheaded by Soul Food Therapy.  As I’ve stated in previous posts I’ve been drinking juices and smoothies for  breakfast for the past 3.5 weeks.  I love it….It’s refreshing, provides me with clean energy to start my day and I’m putting a lot of good stuff in my system.  Now I’m starting this challenge on Day 14, but it’s better late than never.  I will admit not all of my smoothies have been green ones during the past few weeks….I’ve had purple, orange, and sometimes some not so pretty colors…
Today I made a green smoothie I’m calling Creamy Green!

Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado
2 cups of spinach (fresh)
1 cup of cilantro
1 red plum (skin intact)
1 banana
1 inch of ginger

The base was a pumpkin, hemp and coconut butter milk (I used this milk for Caleb’s chia porridge this morning)
I made the milk first then threw everything else into the blender
Red plums, avocado and cilantro
 
Creamy Green smoothie
 
Again, free style this recipe any way you like.  If I were to tweak this I would add more cilantro and another banana or some dates to give it a little more kick.   When using avocado you have to compensate by adding a little more flavor because it can be very bland.
The avocado gives the smoothie a VERY creamy texture and a heap of goodness!

Avocados are a great source of good fats (omega 3 and 6), vitamins B(s), C and K and minerals (potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium are the leaders).  Also, avocado oil is great for your skin.

Tell me about your smoothie making experiences!

Peace and Blessings!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!