Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Health Journey

Ughh...my knees hurt! I was a runner in college...love to run! I started back running last year and had to stop due to my knees giving me so much pain....I ran a 5k mud run in September and you would have thought I ran a marathon...a sista was looking crazy.... days after the race!


This is how I look when I'm in pain....I was at a workshop...but imagine my knees are hurting.....

I had a baby almost two years ago! That was quite the experience and taught me alot about health.  True health.

Now to those of us who have bore children...your body is not quite the same after...and it takes time to "bounce back".  I've been boucing back but want to take things to the next level.   Ultimately I think I'm pretty healthy...no major health concerns, chronic illness, or disorders.  But: is my digestive system operating to it's optimal level?  I know my joints are not.  My skin is becomming discolored and I've suffered from dry scalp for years, my fingers are falling asleep when I'm sleeping (bad circulation??)  and I AM STRESSED OUT.  All these are signs that I have to begin the journey to OPTIMAL health.



Stress will kill you!
                                                               
My son has multiple protien allergies and we've had to think outside the box to feed him, care for his skin (ezcema) and build up his bones and muscles.  Caleb has come along way and is doing well. Along the "Caleb Healing Journey" I've learned soooooooooooooo much about health, healing, and how to really take care of my body, mind and spirit. 

The areas of heath I'm going to share with you on my journey are:
  • physical heatlh
  • mental health
  • emotional health
  • spiritual health

So back to the knees! No more junk (sniffling softly).....More raw food, regular exercise (core and more),  more probiotics, and DETOXIFICATION (mind, body and spirit).

My next step is to do a liver detox........

If I can clean up my body and strengthen it I believe my knees will stop hurting.

So far me and gym are becoming bosom buddies...gotta get it in at least three times a week.  I'm aiming for 5 times. 

More to come!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!