Friday, March 29, 2013

The Food Journey: Movie food...and smoothies....

Hi Folks!

So I went to the movies today.....and I love popcorn! It's one of my favorite snacks.  Movie popcorn is a must have...but the saltiness kills me!  It's almost like the popcorn is extremely salty to ensure people will buy drinks to wash it down.  Occasionally we get a real good non-salty batch!


Gotta have popcorn at the movies!

So of course I had the popcorn...then peanut M&Ms...then I splurged on a white cherry icee!  Blue raspberry was the other choice....but I figured I'd save some work for my liver by staying away from the artificial color: Blue #54. 

Both are filled with citric acid, artificial flavors and high fructose corn syrup...but it sure was tasty!!

The icee bear
Good ole blue raspberry Fanta (this is what the icee is made from)

Okay so that was my un-natural snack of the day.

Now let me give you a smoothie recipe to redeem myself! :)

I made a smoothie a few days ago that was hmm hmmm good! I'm calling it the Basil Breeze smoothie. 

Ingredients:

2 ripe pears (skin intact)
1 ripe banana
2 kiwi (peeled)
1/2 inch of fresh ginger
1 1/2 cup of fresh basil (stems intact)
2 Tbs chia seeds
1 lemon (peeled)
Add water to desired thickness

That fresh breeze of basil had me energized!

Basil is good for indigestion, fevers, colds, flus, headaches, nausea, vomiting and cramps and the flavor and aroma is amazing.  It's good fresh or dried.

Today I brought a basil plant...I'm tired of waiting on the weather to be hospitable. So I'm going to start an indoor herb garden.  Basil will grow and grow and grow if you give it enough love (sunshine, water and a little conversation).

Fresh basil


Try the Basil Breeze and tell me what you think!

Peace and blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!