Friday, March 14, 2014

The Hair Journey: 100% Natural Hair Care Products

I've stated before that since my hair is "natural" I want to nourish  and care for it by using natural hair care products.  These days there are so many products on the market for natural hair, but how many of the niche and mainstream products are all natural?  Most of what you find will contain some natural ingredients but not all.  The majority of the ingredients are derived by synthetic means and you can't even pronounce them!  The Kinky Curly line comes the closest (in my opinion).

Because of the desire to care for my hair with natural substances, I've expanded my hair care repertoire from shea butter, aloe and apple cider vinegar (ACV) to products made by Herbal Bush House.  For the last two months I've been using these products and I am VERY pleased!!! I started with the shampoo and rinse, then included the pomade.  They contain ingredients you can find in your kitchen or garden and I can pronounce every word! :)

1. SOIL HERBAL SHAMPOO:

Contains: purified water, rose, black walnut leaf, neem, rosemary, yarrow, foti root, basil leaf, horsetail, coconut oil, potassium hydroxide, olive oil, hemp oil, jojoba oil and citric acid
 


 
My rating:  GOOD, will continue to use


2. SOIL HERBAL HAIR RINSE:

Contains: purified water, hibiscus, amla, pea protein, apple cider vinegar, rose, black walnut leaf, neem, rosemary, yarrow, foti root, basil leaf, horsetail, coconut oil, potassium hydroxide, olive oil, hemp oil, jojoba oil and citric acid

My rating: The BOMB DIGGY, LOVE THIS STUFF!!! This product softens my hair, and I've been using it as a sort of "co-wash" when I don't want to shampoo my hair. 

3. SOIL HERBAL POMADE:

Contains: avocado oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, olive oil, slippery elm, Irish moss, flax seed and rosemary essential oil
 
My rating: The BOMB DIGGY!!!! LOVE THIS STUFF!! I've been using it for my wet and dry twist and braid outs as featured in my last styling frenzy.  I've also been using it daily, especially after I release my twists.  It leaves my hair soft and "fluffy" and well nourished.


Dry skinny twist out using Herbal Bush House "Soil" line

Have you found any other 100% natural products on the market?  Do you make your own?

If you are interested in trying these products click the Herbal Bush House link and you will be on their webpage.


Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!