Thursday, March 6, 2014

Another Styling Frenzy!

I'm at it again!! I am a bonafide "hair person".  I love finding new ways to style my hair and the longer it gets, the more creative I have to be to keep it fresh and not look a hot mess (especially at work).   I went on another styling frenzy that I want to share with you guys. 

It all started with me wanting to see a different curl pattern without using heat. I tried to employ the same tactics as Akua with her no heat straightening techniques.  All of the styles that I will show you originated from what I'm calling the Sealy Braid Out.

#1 - Sealy Braid Out Fro - I'm sorry to write that I forgot to take a picture of my Sealy Braids.  So I'll describe them to you.  I took my freshly washed hair and parted large sections, combed  out each section and braided everything.  Now that I think about it...I'm kind of glad I don't have a picture...it was quite a sight. 

The next morning I released the braids and fluffed my hair out:



 
#2 - The next day I tried to wear this style again and it was a disaster...so I decided to try an up do.  This is called Hair Kandy in honor of the comb I wore in the back.

 



#3 - That night I decided to try one of my old twist out styles.  I call it the Skinny Twist Out.  First I had to twist it...which took 3 hours.  Then I styled it in another up do.







#4 - After a few days, I decided to take out the twists.  I call this one the Wild Child Fro!



 
My favorite style from the frenzy is the Hair Kandy.....although those bobby pins were a killer!! So...4 different looks from one week of "stretching" my hair with no heat! Love it!!!
 
Which style is your favorite?
 
Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!