Friday, March 14, 2014

Caleb's Corner: Vegan (allergy free) Banana Pancakes

I've continued to explore alternative breakfast options for Caleb based on his requests for "no more chia Mommy".   A co-worker of mine, shared a great Paleo banana pancake recipe that I tweaked to make it vegan and allergy free. Most of food blogs I read ALWAYS show a finished product that looks amazing...but I can't help but wonder how many have struggled with their "first attempts" and ended up with great tasting food that looked like a train wreck! Well, that was my first experience with these banana pancakes.  But since Caleb ate almost every morsel I'm sharing the experience with you!
 
Vegan (allergy free) Banana Pancakes:
1/2 cup of hemp seed milk
2 fresh bananas
2 TBS of coconut flour
egg replacer
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
coconut oil

Bananas, coconut flour, coconut oil, hemp seed milk


Mashed bananas first

Then wisked all ingredients together

Added egg replacer (at the last minute)

Blended mix

First two pancakes.....not pretty!
Here is where I ran into trouble.  The batter seemed too moist and it was hard to maneuver the pancakes in the pan....so I added flax seeds  (1/4 cup) on the fly to improve the consistency of the batter. 
Added flax seeds to help with consistency.....
 I still had trouble with sticking in the pan but the result was MUCH better than before! SCORE!  Well kind of...:)
Finished product ....much better!!
 

He's loving them!!

Oh yeah! :)


Nearly demolished! :)
 
Ever tired the Paleo banana pancakes?  What recipes have you tried and ended up with great tasting food that didn't look so good?
 
Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!