Sunday, December 22, 2013

I'm in Love with BS - Brussels Sprouts

Brussels sprouts are in the cabbage family and even look like mini green cabbages.  Due to participating in the CSA this fall I finally (first time in life!) tried  Brussels sprouts.  I am in LOVE!

Why do Brussels sprouts get such a bad rap?  They are packed with nutrition (more protein than any other cabbage) and very tasty when prepared properly.  I used a recipe from a co-worker that turned out to be delicious!


Recipe:
1 bag of fresh Brussels sprouts
Balsamic vinegar
Salt
Olive oil
Red pepper flakes
(I didn't really measure any ingredients - just added to taste)

Preparation (sorry no prep pictures - I got too carried away and forgot):
1. Cut sprouts in half
2. Place on baking sheet
3. Season with salt (garlic salt is preferred)
4. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar
5. Follow with olive oil
6. Broil for 10 minutes
7. Add red pepper flakes

Time: 20 minutes (tops!)



Any other Brussels sprout recipe I should try?

Peace and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!