This juice blessed my life through the inspiration of Rika Susan at Best Juicing.com. She posted an article about the top 15 fruits and vegetables to juice (http://www.best-juicing.com/best-fruits-and-vegetables-to-juice.php). I modified the recipe by adding two more ingredients. The main ingredient is cabbage. Cabbage? In juice? Yep! Keep reading.
I didn’t know how awesome cabbage was until I made this juice and did a little research. The cabbage family includes: broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage, Chinese cabbage, savoy cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and kohlrabi. I knew broccoli was good…and Brussels sprouts of course…but just plain cabbage?
|The Cabbage Family....|
Here’s some interesting facts about cabbage:
1. Cabbage juice can heal gastric ulcers and relieve stomach inflammation
2. Due to the fiber content cabbage is a great laxative and can help ease constipation
3. The sulphured substances act as antibiotics and help to re balance bacterial flora
4. Cabbage juice can expel intestinal parasites (yikes!)
5. Vitamin C content is comparable to oranges
6. The phytochemicals found in cabbage have anti cancer activityHere is the recipe:
Try it and tell me what you think!
Peace and love!