Thursday, June 26, 2014

Community Supported Agriculture: Summer Fruit Share

Hi Folks - The summer  season is upon us and I've signed up for the Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative fruit share.  Last year I signed up for the fall vegetable share and was quite pleased.  This is the third and best week!  Up until now we were just getting two pints of strawberries a week.  Love me some berries, but I was not happy.  This week we received strawberries, blueberries and cherries! YUM YUM YUM!

Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative fruit share box

The bounty from week #3 - blueberries, cherries and strawberries

Nice and juicy!

I've been putting the strawberries in water, smoothies and juice.  I consumed the cherries in record time (didn't even share with the fam!!) and still have the blueberries to eat. 

If you have the opportunity to join a community supported agriculture coop this summer please do!
As the summer progresses we are slated to get melons, peaches and of course more berries! So excited for what's to come!

What's your favorite summer fruit?

Peace and love,
Zee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!