Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Hair Journey: Tress Update #12

Howdy Folks! I've been juicing up a storm lately and I've neglected my hair posts.  Welp, it's time for another tress update.  It's been a while so I wanted to share my growth progress!

This is the second time I've blown out my hair in an effort to have a bigger afro this year!  Here is where the Flo fro started.  It's lovingly named after Florida Evans the mom from a 1970's sitcom called Good Times.
June 2013
 
June 2013
 
September 2013

May 2013 - picked out fro - freshly washed and buttered

May 2013 - Blown out Freddie D fro.

May 2014 - Blown out Freddie D fro (side view)

May 2014 - Blown out Freddie D fro (another side view)

Freddie D blow out - after a full day...I'm looking kind of disheveled but still fabulous!

May 2014 - Side swiped fro

May 2014 - Side swiped fro (side view) with Hair Kandy.

May 2014 - Oh yeah!! I'm loving this fro!!!
 I used the hair pomade that I can't live without and shea butter.  Then I blow dried it, picked it out and shaped it up.  That night I braided it.  The next day I released the braids (which stretched it out further) , carefully picked it out  and styled it.  Note that picking out your hair while dry is not the best thing but I was as gentle as possible!  Do you see all this hair on my head?!? It was quite a task!!! :)  I AM LOVING my HAIR!  I'm so thankful that it's growing well and is so thick!!

Tell me what you think about my latest styles!

Peace and love!


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!