Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Curly Pudding Review....Going Through the Motions!

Hi Folks! I'm still exploring different curl enhancing products to  get the best wash and go routine in my repertoire. So far I've tried Kinky Curly curling custard and As I Am curling jelly.  Why do most curl enhancing products sound like food?? Anyways, I tried something new this week and I actually liked it!

The Pudding: We all know about the Motions brand...in particular that foam wrap lotion we probably all used at one point or another! Well Motions is one of the larger brands that have jumped on the natural hair band wagon and created a "Naturally You" line.   I tried the Hydrate My Curls Pudding.
 

Motions - Hydrate My Curls Pudding
Ingredients: water, mineral oil, glycerin, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl, alcohol, cetyl alcohol, glycerl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, dimethicone, cetereth-20, coconut oil, avocado oil, shea butter, laneth -15, DMDM hydantonin, alkyl acrylate ....................................and a whole host of other ingredients I can hardly pronounce.
 
The result: I really like my curls by Motions.  I was able to mold my fro into a chunky one after applying the product.  It dried within 2 hours and left my hair soft and retained the curls.  It did not define my curls like the other products, but there was no residue and I liked the ability to easily mold my curls (15 - 20 minutes). If I did not twist it, I would have been left with a soft fuzzy fro.

After application - note the induced chunky twists



After a long day....the curls are shiny, soft and easy to manipulate
This look is similar to what I can achieve 4-5 days into a twist out.  I like the fact that I can get this look after two hours instead of days.

I'm digging the chunky fro look.....

I'm liking these curls...

 
The conclusion: I like the look this product gave me.  There were two things I didn't like: the amount of synthetic ingredients and the greasy residue.  I put a Jheri curl like grease spot on an exercise mat! LOL!

I will be using this product again.


Has anyone else tried this product?  If so, what was YOUR experience?


Peace and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!