Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The best smoothie goes to..........................SLAMMING SMOOTHIE CONTEST WINNERS!!!


Hi Folks! Tonight is the night the winners of the SLAMMING SMOOTHIE CONTEST are announced!!! Excited???!!!  

You voted for best picture, and I performed a  taste test for best smoothie.  Here are the results of my taste test (click the name of each smoothie for the full recipe):

1.       Jackpot – This smoothie was very refreshing, nice blend of flavors.  Love the cilantro and basil combination.  Even though they are both very aromatic herbs, the other ingredients were not overpowered.  I will make this again!


2.       Incredible Hulk 2 – This smoothie was BIG in EVERY WAY! Flavor, satiety, and it was thick!  I had this smoothie for breakfast yesterday and I was FULL after the first few gulps.  It was like a green oatmeal shake.  Loved the cinnamon notes as well. 


3.       Chocolate Breeze – LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it!!!  I am a huge fan of peanut butter, but can’t use it at home because of Caleb’s food allergies.  I used a separate blender and even cleaned it in the bathroom to limit any contamination that could occur.  I also have to admit I was a bit skeptical of mixing chocolate and peaches! But boy was I PLEASANTLY surprised! This smoothie made me happy on the inside.   I connected with it – we now have a bond.

 
4.       Green Delight – This smoothie was VERY tasty.  I love the way all the flavors mingled to provide a refreshing beverage.  Hemp and maca are my favorite herbs but the powders have some chalky baggage that I don’t always like.  Overall great smoothie!
 

5.       Cherry Berry Heaven – Yum, yum, yum! It was surprisingly refreshing and I loved the deep red color! It had just the right amount of sweetness and no agave was added.  It was clean and love the boost of antioxidants in the cherries and blueberries!


Now for the winners!!! Drum roll please………………………………………………………….The best tasting smoothie goes to: CHOCOLATE BREEZE by Marrea Thomas and the best picture (by your votes) goes to: CHERRY BERRY HEAVEN by Chansi Coleman!!!!
Here's the winning smoothie recipe again:
 
Chocolate Breeze Smoothie:
1/2 avocado
1/2 cup frozen peaches
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 tbs chia seeds
1 tbs Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter
Chocolate Almond Milk
 
 This smoothie contains the following allergens: peanuts, tree nuts (almond, coconut)
 
Chocolate Breeze Smoothie by Marrea Thomas ( this is my version!!)

Chocolate Breeze Smoothie ingredients
 
Congratulations to both Marrea and Chansi!!!  I’ll be in touch regarding the natural beauty care packages!!

Thanks again to all who participated!  Big up to Kenya, Rona, Marrea, Danike and Chansi!!!!!!  Please find the time to try the smoothies that were submitted.  They were all great! I definitely have more smoothies for my arsenal! Don’t forget to join the Facebook page and stay tuned for my Smoothie and Juicing e-guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!