Friday, April 18, 2014

Detoxification: The Juice Fast and Anger


Hi Folks!  This is the last day of the juice fast!  The last few days have been emotionally challenging for me.  They say you carry a lot of emotions in your liver – especially anger.  I’m not sure how this happens or what the physical mechanism is….but I have been very angry over the last two days.  So maybe there is some truth to it.
 
 

Why I’m Angry:
For some reason it feels like the thoughts and feelings I was ignoring or pushing away have resurfaced over the last two days.  Instead of choosing a better thought process or looking at things from the “bright” side, I’ve chosen to dwell on hurt feelings and people’s ill behavior which has led me to feel angry, bitter and resentful. Whoa Nelly!! Where is all this coming from??? My liver??  When I did the 30 day raw food challenge, I found myself on an emotional rollercoaster, but this is more severe. 





Over the years, I’ve come to realize that I naturally hold grudges.  Especially if my feelings were decimated.  The last 2 years have been rather peaceful in that area and I’ve been actively working on releasing my grudgeful spirit.  You know…practicing to “let things go” and treat people the way you want to be treated in spite of how they treat you.  Well…the grudge is back!  And I don’t like it.  It’s too heavy.  I didn’t expect this.

Detox symptoms from the juice fast:

-joint pain (knees and shoulders)

-emotional roller coaster

What I’ve been drinking (and eating):
’ve been drinking the liver flush mix every morning along with the nutritional smoothie.  I’ve consumed more Mean Green and Carrot Delight juice, herbal tea and water.  I didn’t have a taste for the vegetable broth these last two days so I didn’t bother with it.  I actually felt quite satisfied at lunch time, but I still ate a banana and hummus around 3pm.  I NEEDED to munch!   Today, I had fruit and a bowl of cereal!!!! Ooops!! I can’t wait until tomorrow where I can eat more food!!

Keep me lifted up as I complete this liver flush and move to the next level.

Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!