Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Juice Journey: Fantastic Fruit Punch!

I'm on a fresh fruit juice kick and I made some A-MA-ZING fruit punch yesterday.  It's fantastic, yummy, and nice to look at. The idea for this juice popped into my head because I had strawberries and grapes that needed to be eaten.  Caleb is VERY finicky these days about what fruit he eats.  He used to eat everything.  Now, he asks for things, I buy it and then he does not eat it....go figure.  Thus the fruit punch! Caleb actually helped make this juice...and I will add that he was eating on the job!  So there were a few strawberries that didn't make it into the juicer.  Ahhhh...I digress! Check out how I --excuse me -- I mean WE made this fantastic juice!

Fantastic Fruit Punch Recipe:
1 ripe pineapple
5 oranges
1 cup of fresh strawberries
2 cups of fresh cranberries
2 cups of fresh grapes
1.5 inches of fresh ginger root

Here's how WE made it:

Step 1 - gather all ingredients (and a chair for Caleb to stand on), wash, peel and chop in preparation for the juicer.
Oranges, pineapple, red grapes, strawberries, cranberries, ginger root


Step 2 - Juice all ingredients (remember to alternate hard and soft ingredients).  Pictures were hard to take with a 2 year old close to a wired, running appliance.  It was fun but please take care to monitor EVERY move your child makes while helping to prepare any food item.

 
 Step 3 -  Separate the pulp in the finished juice by using a standard strainer.




 
 Check out the pulp that was left over!

 
The pulp was so tasty (yes I tasted it!) I saved it for smoothie making.  I usually don't save the vegetable juice pulp, but fruit juice pulp is still so sweet.  I hate to throw it away.
 
Step 4 - ENJOY! :) Note: this recipe yielded 3 cups of juice.  It was very sweet, so I could have stretched it out with water. 
 
 
 
 Step 5 - clean up.  The worst part of making juice is the clean up process.

 
 
This is a great juice for the entire family.  It's also good to drink throughout the day.  It's an awesome alternative to the powdered, sugary fruit punch you will find in a can or tin in the grocery stores.  Yes, it takes more work....but it's so much better for you.  Remember you can use any combination of fruit you want.
 
 
Drink up!!
 
 
Peace and love!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!