Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Food Journey: Pumpkin Delight Smoothie

I'm squashing disease  by utilizing my Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) pumpkin!  First time making a smoothie out of pumpkin and it was DELICIOUS!  

Pumpkin Delight Smoothie:
2 cups of pumpkin (raw or steamed) - I actually used 1 cup of each
2 cups of hemp seed milk
Honey (sweetened to taste)
1/2 cup coconut butter/manna
1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice blend
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of ginger powder

Again...please free style this recipe to suit your taste buds. You can use dates instead of honey, almond milk instead of hemp seed milk, etc. 



Pumpkin parts!


Ingredients
 
Pumpkin Delight


Has any one else tried pumpkin in a smoothie?

Peace and blessings

2 comments:

  1. It looks yummy. I am not really into pumkin though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You may be surprised. The pumpkin flavor is not overpowering at all. It's quite good...and to be honest...I was a bit skeptical of how this would turn out. I'm pleasantly surprised!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!