Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Still Struggling with this FUNGUS!!!

Hi Folks! I thought I had the victory...I really did.  I've been trying the works, because I REALLY want to get rid of this scalp fungus NATURALLY.  I want to stop using non-natural (chemical) substances on every part of my body so I'm pulling out all the stops! At least I thought I was.

I'm feeling defeated because just when my scalp seems to get better..........the fungus comes back with a vengeance!  Take a look:



It's like my whole scalp is coming off!

This is what I've done over the last year:
1. Tea tree oil
2. Apple cider vinegar (worked at first, but then had no effect)
3. Ginger, onions and aloe
4. Black walnut ointment and hull (mix the hull with water, apply to scalp then rinse off) The ointment went on my scalp.

I have to wash my hair once or twice a week due to my fungus friend build up.  Tea tree shampoo works well, and I try to wash my head scarves often.

So now I think it's time to look inside myself and fix this....Literally! We are what we eat/drink right? Our skin/scalp is a reflection of what's inside.  So I have an internal issue with fungus.  All of the topical remedies I've used have stopped working.  It's time to look within.  I need to change my diet and refrain from foods that fungi love. 

But what is a fungi?  Fungus is commonly known as yeast and mold, and can cause an array of issues like allergic reactions, athlete's foot, candida, ring worm and food spoilage.  Fungus can also help provide yummy food and drinks like: bread, soy sauce, beer, wine, kimchee, miso and Quorn.  Mushrooms are fungus. How many of you love mushrooms? 


Moldy strawberry
Mushrooms
But don't mistake fungus for bacteria.  They are two very different organisms.
You can only see most bacteria with a powerful microscope and lab equipment, but the effects of a bacterial infection can be felt in a sinus infection, food borne illness or strep throat.  Ever heard of E.Coli????

Bacteria

 

I posed the question "how do I successfully get rid of my fungus friends?" to a group of herbalists at Natures Has All The Answers on their weekly radio show and the feedback was clear.  Change my diet by eating and drinking foods that fungi hate and clean my blood.  I'm down for another challenge.  Let's call this one the "GET RID OF THIS SCALP FUNGUS FOR GOOD" challenge. 

Stay tuned ya'll! Don't forget to give me some tips and encouragement!

Peace and love!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. so is this comment. yet you still made it smh.

      Delete
    2. The person who made that comment is disgusting.

      Delete
    3. Heaven forbid you or your family get an illness or condition such as this one!!

      Delete
  2. Hey! Thanks for posting! I'm dealing with a similar situation along my hairline. I wash my hair weekly, and within a couple days, there's a big flaky patch in just one spot by my ear. I always thought it was just dandruff, but now I know better. Wondering if you have any good tips. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s so awful. I cut sugar out of my diet and it has calmed my scalp but again, this is May and I started doing that in late February so I shall see. If anyone find any results, please let me know

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s called seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp. I completely understand wanting to use something natural but sometimes you’ve gotta pull out the big guns and get a prescription. Light therapy, RX-shampoos, Vitamin D supplements help. I work in dermatology and light therapy ( I am NOT a dermatologist)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have used ketoconazole shampoo prescribed by dermatologist along with Fluocinonide oil. Both have worked for about 6 yrs now it’s becoming resistant. Using Apple cider with mother only works for a certain period few weeks then it’s back. I need a new prescription that’s stronger now

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dealing with the same issue and it's nothing to be ashamed of. Our bodies are malfunctioning and there is no clear answer. Our immune system is damaged and unable to heal. Diet and lifestyle changes have been made. Gluten free, sugar free, all of that. But it's only a stop gap measure because the problem reappears. If you find a solution to your problem please share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been battling this issue for years. some times is seems to go away, but always comes back. I’ve tried prescription medication, over-the-counter medication home remedies diet changes sometimes goes away but it always seems to come back. I’m struggling with a really bad case of it now it’s affecting my skin around my ears back in my ears session today around my nose area. My skin is extremely oily in my eyebrows are real struggle

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, comments or questions! We are on this Journey TOGETHER!